Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

September 27, 2010

Day Five (on Day Six)

I'm back! Technically, it is not Day Five. That was yesterday. But hey, I was busy this weekend. So here is Day Five's post... a little late.


Day Five: Six things you wish you could change 
or you wish you’d never done.


1.  I wish I could change the Bengals owner (and subsequently, some players) - As long as Mike Brown is the Bengals owner, I'm afraid our team will continue to struggle. He seems to care more about the money than winning. If we had a different owner, one who cared about actually winning football, then maybe we would also have better players, and not constantly picking up delinquents, nobodies, and over-rated players. Ultimately, I would also change our quarterback. I'm so over him.

2.  I wish I had never took a break from college. If I had just gone straight to grad school after undergrad, I would be finished by now and better off. 

3.  I wish I had never stopped my extracurricular activities once I reached high school. In grade school, I participated in every sport possible. Once I got to high school, I knew it required more time and I didn't want to constrict my high school years to long practices and games. Now I wish that I had stayed in sports and been more in shape during high school and once I got out. Also, I wish I hadn't stopped playing piano. I did just get my piano delivered to my house, so I can start teaching myself again. But if I hadn't stopped with my piano teacher, I could be amazing by now. And lastly, I wish I hadn't stopped taking dance classes. I was on a dance team and that was such a great time in my life. And now I find myself watching SYTYCD and Dancing with the Stars, wishing that was me and knowing that it could have been if I had stuck to my dreams. Hindsight.

4.  I wish I had never been such a horrible teenager for my mother. I wish I had spent more time with her in my teen years, instead of focusing all of my attention on boys and friends. I wish I hadn't thought the world revolved around me, and that my mom was supposed to do things for me. I wish I hadn't taken her for granted. I can only make up for it now. Because of course now I realize that I was the wrong one, and she only loved me unconditionally and did her best as a mother.

5.  I wish I could change the fact that I went to Catholic school all of my life. Don't get me wrong, I got some amazing schooling. Teachers were great - they really cared. Lessons were advanced and I learned so much. However, I didn't experience much diversity in my school. I would have loved to go to a public school at some point in my childhood so that I could experience different cultures. Also, so that I could have more street smarts. I have the book smarts, but not so much street smarts. And I think that may be because I never experienced public schools.

6.  I wish I hadn't drank so much yesterday. Ugh, my tummy is mad at me today.

Almost caught up!

No comments: