Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 13, 2011

Creamy Lime Cilantro Ranch Dressing

That's a long name for something so simple! This just may be my new favorite dressing. I already gushed about my newfound love of this sauce on a previous post. It is so versatile! Like I said, I originally made it as a dipping sauce for some Chicken Flautas, then as a dressing on a salad, and I also drizzled some on our Chicken Fajitas the following day!

Or if you are a sauce kinda gurl or guy, you can just slurp it off of your fingers... straight up, like me. Yes, I did test it out for you guys like that.

It is THAT good!

The ladies over at Our Best Bites used 1 lime to get about 2 tablespoons. I dunno how they dun it. Cuz 1 lime didn't even get me 1 tablespoon! And I had only bought one lime. So in a pinch, I used my lime juice that comes in a mini bottle. If you want to use only fresh lime juice, be sure to buy at least 3 limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice, maybe even more! I would have definitely bought more limes if I had known. Next time I will know better, and there will be a thousand more next times!

















Creamy Lime Cilantro Ranch Dressing
  • 1 (1-oz) packet of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice (may need at least 3 limes, or you can just use bottle lime juice)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup La Costena medium green salsa 
  • hot sauce, to taste
Blend mayo, milk, and ranch mix in a blender. Add lime juice, then garlic, cilantro, and salsa. Blend well. Add hot sauce to taste. Refrigerate and let thicken.



Please go make this now. No matter what you do with it, your meal will be a better one because of it. And that's a promise.

Peace, and bacon grease!

No comments: