Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

April 9, 2013

Chipotle Butter

Mmmm.... butter.












































Not just any butter though. Butter loaded with tons of flavor. We've got Irish butter which is all fancy, some chives or green onions, and the star of the show... chipotle peppers! It really gives it a nice heat.

No that there below is not an ear of corn. But it was about to be melted and poured atop some of that corn in the background (I'll write up a separate post for that). And in the future, really anything that I can get my hands on that requires butter. Or is better with butter. Which is pretty much everything. Ok, I guess you can't use this butter in baked goods, that would be a bit odd. But pretty much any kind of savory dish that calls for butter mmk?


 
Chipotle Butter

  • 1 stick salted butter (we used Irish butter)
  • 1-2 chipotle pepper(s) in Adobo sauce, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chives or green onions, finely chopped

Set butter out at room temperature to soften. In a bowl, add butter, chopped chipotles, and chopped chives/green onions. Mix well. Put in fridge to harden, and melt when ready to serve.



Printable Recipe










































It's so easy too. Just chop up some chipotle peppers... you can even do that in your food processor! Slice some chives or green onions... you can just snip away using scissors. And voila, you're good to go and you've got delicious butter to last you a few meals... hopefully it can last that long :)

Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!



25 comments:

Ashley said...

YES PLEASE!! This is a great combination, and now I'm really craving fresh summer sweet corn :)

Faith said...

OMG! I completely need this in my life!

Unknown said...

I guess great minds think alike!! I just posted a Chipotle Lime Honey Butter 2-3 weeks ago! :) Bring on the summer time!!

Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats

Julia @ It's Always Ruetten said...

Hi! You were the link before me at the Simply Create Link Party! This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Julia
It's Always Ruetten

Unknown said...

Hey there! I found your link at The Best Blog Recipes and wanted to let you know how amazing I think this butter recipe looks! I want to invite you to my link party to post this recipe for others to see! http://home-styled.blogspot.com/2013/04/link-party-show-your-style-sunday-2.html

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for coming by and linking up! Hope you have a blessed weekend!

a joyful noise said...

Very interesting!

cindy said...

YUM, this just screams SUMMER! YUM My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe and any others at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! It doesn't mean that you have to be a gluten free blogger, you can share meat or veg recipes. Thanks, Cindy :)

Diane Balch said...

What a great way to spice up corn on the cob. Pinning this for the summer. Thanks so much for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Desi,
We will just love this butter for our roasted corn this summer, yummy!
Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Ginger said...

I can't wait to try this!

Krista said...

This looks fabulous. I love making compound butters and this is a great idea for adding depth of flavor! I bet this was amazing on corn on the cob! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

Kady said...

This looks yummy! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

I need to flavor my butter more often! This sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #8.
~Amber @ http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

Michelle B said...

Ah...yet another way to get a chipotle fix! And I could keep a stash in my freezer for whenever I wanted, for whatever I want it on.

Thanks for linking up, Desi. Nice to "see" you!

Lisa | Fresh Eggs Daily® said...

Great post. A friend recommended your blog. I will be back for sure!

I am giving away a set of Ball Canning blue pint jars on my blog right now, I hope you'll stop by!

Lisa
Fresh Eggs Daily
http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2013/04/giveaway-ball-heritage-collection-pint.html

Unknown said...

I'm in love with flavored butter! They are so great to make! This one looks delish!

Found you at Crumbs and Chaos!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This looks divine and I'm saving it for the summer! I'm also featuring this today:

http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/04/featuring-you_17.html

Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

avisiontoremember said...

Thanks for linking up this week on Check Me Out Saturday. Just wanted to let you know that you were featured Head on over and grab a button! :) Thanks! http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2013/04/check-me-out-saturday-craft-link-party_18.html

Hun.... WFD said...

Oh wow, this looks fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

Jamie @ Huckleberry Love said...

Yummy!! I love butter on my corn, and this would add just that little bit of deliciousness!! Thanks so much for sharing at Much Ado About Monday, we can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week! :)

Jamie
www.hucklkeberrylove.com

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

What a great idea with the butter...........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com


Savannah McQueen said...

What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing! Pinned.

Angela said...

Actually, using this in some cornbread (or box mix) would be exceptional