Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 18, 2014

Strawberries and Cream Pancakes

Hello there, long lost friends!

I'm back and I've brought you breakfast.

Well, if you want to call this breakfast. 

Maybe dessert is more fitting?

Whatever you call it, you'll call it YUM.








































You can easily make homemade pancakes, or go the Bisquick route like I did. 

The strawberries are a nice sweetness from soaking in the sugars, and the whipped cream isn't sweet since no sugar was added to it. So it does make it more appropriate for breakfast. Feel free to add a little sugar to your whipping cream if you're used to sweeter whipped cream.


Strawberries and Cream Pancakes
from Betty Crocker

  • 3 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups Bisquick mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
Mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar and set aside. Heat skillet over medium heat and grease with cooking spray.

Stir Bisquick, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla, and eggs until blended. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet. 

Cook until edges are dry. Flip and cook until golden. To serve, layer pancakes, strawberries, and cream. 







What have you all been doing this summer? I've been grilling lots, drinking milkshakes, eating ice cream cones, and gaining weight I'm sure. 

Now I need to incorporate some summer salads and refreshing fruits into my diet. And when I say diet, I don't mean that kinda diet. Because me and diets just don't get along. They try to tell me not to eat all kinds of glorious foods. Foods that I live for. Psssshhh, I do what I want. 

I'm hoping to get back to blogging more often. Not as often as I used to, but more than I have been. Stay tuned! I'll definitely be posting an SRC recipe on Monday  :) You won't wanna miss that.....

Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!




2 comments:

Susan Lindquist said...

What a great way to wake up! I call that a stellar breakie!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for joining the Say G’Day Linky Party. We have pinned your post to the Say G’Day Saturday board!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz