Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

October 30, 2014

Obsessions + Confessions: Pumpkin Edition!!!

Time for my latest obsessions + confessions, but this time it's pumpkin edition! All of my recent pumpkin obsessions (and a few pumpkin confessions).

Last week I made some of Veronica's Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Krispies Treats and they were the domb.com. Recipe and post coming soon!

Then I went to photograph them. I had bought mini pumpkins to use as props in the photo. What do you know, they had gone bad and gotten moldy! Shoot! These were fresh mini pumpkins, so no clue why they had gone bad so quickly. According to Eat By Date, I should have been able to get a couple months out of em (unopened, fresh). No clue what happened there.

And now I'm scared to buy pumpkins for fear that they'll go bad on me. 

Oh well. At least I've got some of these fantastic Pumpkin Oreos. What do you know, again, PJ thought he wasn't a pumpkin fan but he liked these! 



 













































I'll be posting another pumpkin recipe soon too. I just need to get better photos. Think mini pies + bourbon. You're welcome :)


Now for my pumpkin obsessions! Let's start with the sweet pumpkin stuff.

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce... because pumpkin + caramel is heaven on earth.


Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffle Mummies (No-Bake) ... super cute and easy enough to make in time for Halloween still!

Pumpkin Spice Macarons... never had a macaron in my life but I'm obsessed with them somehow.

Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge with Pecan Crunch... love the two-toned look!


Roasted Pumpkin Five Spice Ice Cream ... because sometimes fall and October call for ice cream.

Pumpkin Spice Oreo Balls... now you have another reason to buy some of those oreos!

Maple Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake... because cake for breakfast.

Pumpkin Toffee Angel Food Cake... I'm a sucker for Angel Food cake and that pumpkin layer.... oh no she didn't! (oh yes she did, and I thank her!)

Pumpkin Pancakes with Brown Butter Pecan Syrup or Cream Cheese Glaze... let's face it, this is basically dessert for breakfast. And I aint mad.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies... these "bake me happy." Get it? Cuz I used her blog name? I already know I'm corny.


And now for the savory pumpkin goodness.... 


Caramelized Onion, Bacon, & Pumpkin Dip... Anything served in a pumpkin has gotta be good. Plus bacon and caramelized onions, 2 of my favorite things. 


Pumpkin, Ginger & Kaffir Lime Soup... well aren't you pretty and fancy.

Healthy Bacon & Pumpkin Pasta... mmm the pumpkin looks just like cheese! Intrigued.


Spicy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili... pumpkin + chili scream fall! Plus served in a pumpkin.... adorbs.

Pumpkin Naan Pizza with Gruyere & Fresh Herbs... pizza + pumpkin. On naan bread. That is all.

Pumpkin Biscuits {with Pecan-Honey Butter}... the perfect side dish for some pumpkin chili!

Spicy Sausage and Pumpkin Mac & Cheese... + sage!

Pumpkin Braised Short Ribs... short ribs are seriously one of my fave things on earth. Never woulda thunk to add some pumpkin! Genius.

Skillet Pumpkin Cornbread... I bet it's amazing topped with that cinnamon butter!

Who's ready for Halloween? Not I! I don't have a costume, not that I need one this year since I won't be at our company's Halloween party. And I don't have any Halloween candy yet to pass out to the kiddos. The past few years only a handful of kids have showed up. And it's supposed to be crappy weather too. What are you all doing for Halloween? Any traditions? 


Peace, and bacon grease!



1 comment:

Krista said...

Hello! Your blog looks beautiful! So cool. Good work! It's been too long....

I tried these pumpkin spice Oreo's at my sister's house a couple of weeks ago. YUM! Good thing that I left them behind when I headed back to Ohio. These can be dangerous!

What a great line up of recipes. Thanks for the links.