Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 26, 2014

Apple-Sage Stuffing Cups

Happy Thanksgiving eve!!












































Making Thanksgiving dinner can be quite intimidating! I made my first Thanksgiving turkey a couple of years ago and used Pioneer Woman's brine. The skin got a little burnt but it was so juicy and flavorful, unlike any turkey I've ever had! 



























This weekend we made a turkey breast but wanted to go simple, meaning no brine. We made a small 6-lb turkey breast rubbed in butter and herbs. Really easy to make, tasted good, but I could tell it wasn't brined. Next year, it's all about the brine, baby. Plus, turkey breasts are good and all but don't have that dark meat and this turkey breast didn't yield much drippings to make homemade gravy. I don't feel confident enough in the actual turkey recipes to post them just yet, but I hope to keep practicing so that I can eventually post a turkey recipe where I'm confident in the cooking time, temp, method etc. 




















Anyways, enough about turkey since I'm not sharing a turkey recipe. Today I've brought you Stuffing Muffins. Not just any stuffing muffins, but ones with apple and sage!

Stuffing Muffins are kind of a brilliant idea. They are the perfect little individual portions (let's be honest though, you can't eat just one). Plus they're adorable.

I'm more of a dry stuffing kinda girl myself, while PJ likes his wet and moist. I loved that these had crispy and moist parts. I loved the apple and onion in these too.  





Apple-Sage Stuffing Cups
adapted from Cooking Light 
  • 10.5 oz French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 and 1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
  • 1 and 1/4 cups yellow or white onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup celery, chopped
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 and 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 8 minutes. Place bread in a large bowl.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced apples, onion, celery, sage, pepper and salt. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add apple mixture to large bowl of bread cubes. Toss to combine. 

Combine stock and beaten eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add stock mixture to the bread mixture, stirring gently to combine. 

Divide bread mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, about 1/2 cup each. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Printable Recipe

 

















What are you all having for Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for? 

I can't even begin to count them all  :)



Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!  


3 comments:

PERI-PERI GUYS said...

Thanks for post. Join Peri-Peri Guys that is the one of the best Fast food restaurant in Hicksville NY.

Jenifer Martian said...

Nice post. do you have a junk problem? Then call a professional like Just Dump It Pro Haul U-fill LLC they had too many experiences in Dumpster rental service in Clermont FL

ASAP Junk Car Removal Cash for Junk Cars Scrap Car Buyers said...

I am seeing this post for the first time and I am really loving this post. And ASAP Junk Car Removal offer you quality Junk dealer in Dearborn, MI.