Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 19, 2014

Pumpkin Donut Mini Muffins

It's fall, yall! But quickly approaching winter so that means time to get in all the pumpkin we can!

 























































 

Fall, to me, means caramel apples and Thanksgiving turkey and sweet potatoes. But most of all, fall to me is all about pumpkin!

I gotta say, I love being a grown up (well, sometimes). Do you know how many times I would have gagged at the thought of pumpkin when I was a picky kid and teenager? Now, I know better. I'm so glad I'm willing to try more foods these days because if not, I wouldn't have discovered my love of pumpkin. 

Not all pumpkin flavored-things, let's be clear. But whether it's sweet or savory, I'm definitely on the pumpkin bandwagon.

While we enjoyed these, they didn't scream pumpkin flavor to me. Still good either way!




Pumpkin Donut Mini Muffins
adapted from Martha Stewart

For the Batter:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1 and 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 and 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
For the Sugar Coating:   
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour mini muffin cups. 

To make the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture, and beat to combine.

Spoon batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, checking at 12 minutes. It may take up to 17 minutes to cook through.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Let muffins cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Working with one at a time, remove muffins from pan, brush all over with melted butter, then toss to coat in sugar mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack.

Note: May need to use 2 mini muffin pans.


Printable Recipe


So how about you guys? How do you feel about pumpkin? Do you guys stock up on canned pumpkin like I do?


Linking up here


Peace, and bacon grease!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look tooo good! I've never seen a donut muffin before--wow! I think I will try this morning. Yes-- I DO stock up on pumpkin. Thank you for reminding this morning that I ran out and for the great breakfast idea!

Michelle said...

Yum! They look wonderful! Can't wait to try them! Pinning! Thanks for sharing them with us at Foodie Fridays! After a week off for Thanksgiving we'll be starting back again tomorrow night! I hope you will join us again!